Submit your feedback on the recommendations for proposed standards to help make Kindergarten to Grade 12 (K-12) education more accessible for students with disabilities.
The consultation is eliciting comments from the public - including students, parents, school and school board staff – on the Initial Report. The Initial Report contains 197 recommendations that the committee developed. These have been grouped into nine broad themes:
• attitudes, behaviours, perceptions and assumptions
• awareness and training
• curriculum, assessment and instruction
• digital learning and technology
• organizational barriers
• social realms
• physical and architectural barriers
• planning for emergencies and safety framework
• timelines and accountability
The Initial Report is now available for public comment through an online survey at the following link: Consultation: Initial recommendations for the development of proposed Kindergarten to Grade 12 (K-12) education accessibility standards | Ontario.ca
After you’ve read the recommendations, submit your feedback by either:
• completing the online survey
• emailing a written submission to educationSDC@ontario.ca
The K-12 Education SDC will review and consider all feedback before it finalizes its recommendations and submits its final report to the Minister for Seniors and Accessibility for consideration.
The consultation is open for public input until September 2, 2021.